Wishlist Wednesday: Het Nederlandse bakboek, Gaitri Pagrach-Chandra

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message and tell me all about it.

This week on my Wishlist is a cook-book which I saw on Twitter this morning. It is called "Het Nederlandse bakboek" (the Dutch baking book) and holds a lot of recipes on "original" Dutch baking products. What is really nice too is that they added history about the recipes in the book.

Het Nederlands Bakboek
The Netherlands is not knows for its culinary miracles. A lot of foreigners ever visiting here will probably say nice country but the food... Still the country has a very rich history of baking and we have a lot of specific recipes for holidays and celebrations. This book tells both the story behind the recipe and how to make it.

It was written by Gaitri Pagrach-Chandra who is a culinary historian (sounds like a very nice job) and has been living in the Netherlands for a long time. This book is a partial Dutch translation of her work Windmills In My Oven which was first published in 2002 by Prospect Books.

The Dutch translation is published by Uitgeverij Kosmos and I have ordered the book as soon as I saw it. I hope to have it before the weekend so I can spend my it in the kitchen surrounded by smells and even better food.

Interested in "Het Nederlands bakboek" you can order trough Uitgeverij Kosmos (ISBN 9789021552606)
Windmills in My Oven (ISBN 9781903018187) is available from various second hand sellers on the well known sites.
First