Train On Thursday: Say You're Sorry, Michael Robotham

train on thursday
It was that day of the week again. So while trying to read my own book during my travels I had my eyes open for other people reading.
It is funny how the one time you see everybody with books in the train and other times it seems no one has a book. But with my last transfer I got lucky. Someone took a fresh new book from a bag. Took his time to read the synopsis so I had enough time to decipher the name of the author on the front. Michael Robotham... never heard of him but the book looked like a thriller so my curiosity grew.

Back home I looked him up on Goodreads to find out he has written several thrillers already and that they have a pretty good rating actually. So the guy bough Say You're Sorry which is the 6th book in a series.

say you're sorry Michael Robotham
When pretty and popular teenagers Piper Hadley and Tash McBain disappear one Sunday morning, the investigation captivates a nation but the girls are never found.
Three years later, during the worst blizzard in a century, a husband and wife are brutally killed in the farmhouse where Tash McBain once lived. A suspect is in custody, a troubled young man who can hear voices and claims that he saw a girl that night being chased by a snowman.
Convinced that Piper or Tash might still be alive, clinical psychologist Joe O'Loughlin and ex-cop Vincent Ruiz, persuade the police to re-open the investigation. But they are racing against time to save the girls from someone with an evil, calculating and twisted mind...

After reading all this I am actually very curious about this author and I have added the first book of this series to my "To Read" shelf. I do not like to start halfway a series. All his books sound really intriguing. What I liked a lot about  "Say You're Sorry" too is the cover. The lady in red running trough snow leaving the trail. There is a lot of symbolism in there.

Do you peek what other people read in the train or other public transport, parks, lunchtables?
Feel free to share in the comments what you think about this book or books you have seen people read.
Previous
Next Post »