It’s Monday the 7th of January 2013! What Are You Reading!

It's Monday! What are You Reading! is a weekly hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey. This weekly is meant to keep you people updated on what I read the last week and what I am planning to read the upcoming week.

Last week I spend my time reading Perlmann's Silence by Pascal Mercier. It was a big book with small letters and hardly any margin on the pages (*cough* publisher *cough*) making the book a bit hard to read and not very encouraging. I like to have my bigger books with a decent font size and a bit of a margin cause the size of the book is a struggle enough. The book was not an easy read either it was suffering from to many words to describe situations. My review will be up later this week.

To give myself a break I read a graphic novel for the first time, Welcome to Lovecraft (Locke & Key #1) I very much enjoyed the story.
Locke and Key Welcome to Lovecraft cover
Perlmann's Silence cover


For this week I am planning to read Papieren Kind (The Comfort of Lies) by Randy Susan Meyers and The Time Keeper by Mitch Alborn.
The Time Keeper cover
Papieren Kind cover

I am especially looking forward to The Time Keeper, I have been wanting to read this book since I saw it first and have high expectations. I really hope the book lives up to it.
Previous
Next Post »

4 reacties

Write reacties
07 January, 2013 delete

The covers look intriguing. Good luck!

Here’s my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop by! And Happy New Year!

Reply
avatar
Tanya Patrice
AUTHOR
07 January, 2013 delete

I have to admit that I've never read a graphic novel. They don't appeal to me - but I bet when I do finally get to one, I'll love it and wonder what took me so long to get into them!

Reply
avatar
Nise'
AUTHOR
07 January, 2013 delete

I am very choosy about graphic novels and have enjoyed what I've read. Have a great week of reading.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
07 January, 2013 delete

Ciska, I know exactly what you mean about small font sizes! I just finished The Star of the Sea and that was a lot of small letters with luckily some margin, but not a lot. It was a great book, though.

Reply
avatar