Train on Thursday: Miracle Cure, Harlan Coben

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me.
In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling. Feel free to leave a comment with your public transport picks or spots. If you want to write your own post feel free to link your post in the comments.

This week in the train I saw a woman reading Harlan Coben. They have very distinctive covers on the paperbacks here in the Netherlands so I usually recognize them from miles away.

They were looking for a miracle cure . . . Sara and Michael. The ideal celebrity couple, darlings of the media - until their lives are shattered by a mystery illness. Dr Harvey Riker. His clinic has found the miracle cure that millions seek. One-by-one his patients are getting well. One-by-one they are targeted by a serial killer more fatal than the disease. Lieutenant Bernstein. His true desires make him a perfect choice to track the killer - or a perfect victim. Can anyone stop the killer who will do anything to prevent the world's most desperately needed miracle cure . . . ?

This one is simple actually. Yes I would read this book. I read Harlan Coben before and found his books very entertaining and they are very well written thriller,mystery, crime novels. It is not said I would reward his books with 5 stars but they would be my more pleasant three star books. Those I love to spend some time with. This is one of his first books and the average rating and reviews are not very enthusiastic but this would probably not stop me either to read it. It kind of makes me curious.

Previous
Next Post »