Train on Thursday: Gold, Chris Cleave

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me.
In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling. Feel free to leave a comment with your public transport books. If you want to write your own post feel free to link your post in the comments. 


Gold Chris Cleave cover
It's the ultimate test of a mother's love. . . If your dreams pull you in one direction and your heart in another, which should you follow? This is the question that haunts Kate Meadows, a world champion athlete whose eight-year-old daughter Sophie is battling a recurrence of childhood leukemia just as Kate is about to compete for her last chance at an Olympic gold medal. For years, Kate has sacrificed everything for her family and watched her best friend and closest rival, Zoe Castle, conquer the world stage. Kate has never won gold and will have to go through Zoe—who has everything to lose—to get it. Now her child is facing a life-threatening illness, and the stakes are higher than ever. How can she do what is right for her daughter without abandoning all of her dreams?

I was attracted by the colorful cover of this book trying hard to find the title. I could mostly see the LD but not what was before and the lady was holding the book that I could not see the author name. When moving at some point for a split second I thought I saw the title and went on a search. Obviously it was not that hard which such a cover to find the correct book.

As it was late when I saw this book I only made a note about it and just read the synopsis..... and added the book to my shelf in one go. This sounds interesting though very emotional. I will need a certain mood to pick up books like this. Will this be a choice for your shelves?
Previous
Next Post »