Train on Thursday: Gouden Safraan, Linda Holeman

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me.
In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling. Feel free to leave a comment with your public transport picks or spots. If you want to write your own post feel free to link your post in the comments.


Gouden Saffraan Linda Holeman cover
A young American woman's journey to track down her missing lover becomes an enthralling adventure of mystery, passion, danger and self-discovery set against the spellbinding backdrop of 1930s Marrakech. Sidonie O'Shea enjoys the quiet life she shares with fiance Etienne Duverger in upstate New York. But when Etienne suddenly disappears without word, she finds a letter amongst his belongings that turns her world upside down. Refusing to believe that Etienne would abandon her, Sidonie travels to Morocco in search of him, determined to know the truth. But nothing can prepare her for what she is about to discover, both about the man she thought she loved and an unknown world of dangerous secrets in a country steeped in mystery...

The lady just came from the airport with her suitcases. It was clear she had been visiting the sun and was on her way home. The book she carried kind of reflected that feeling. Gouden Saffraan (The Saffron Gate) looked like a summer, sun, poolside read to me and I was surprised to find out that it might have a bit darker story than expected from the cover. Still I am not attracted to the synopsis at all and this book will not be added to my shelves. Did you read this book and what did you think of it?
Previous
Next Post »