Train on Thursday: River Out of Eden, Richard Dawkins

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me.
In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling. Feel free to leave a comment with your public transport picks or spots. If you want to write your own post feel free to link your post in the comments.

River out of Eden Richard Dawkins cover
Nearly a century and a half after Charles Darwin formulated it, the theory of evolution is still the subject of considerable debate. Oxford scientist Richard Dawkins is among Darwin’s chief defenders, and an able one indeed — witty, literate, capable of turning a beautiful phrase.
In 'River Out of Eden' he introduces general readers to some fairly abstract problems in evolutionary biology, gently guiding us through the tangles of mitochondrial DNA and the survival-of-the-fittest ethos.

This book was very funny, the guy reading it kept laughing while turning the pages. Still I am not sure if I would like this book. So I am curious of someone read this book and how it reads, does it read more like fiction with information or is it real science?
Previous
Next Post »

2 reacties

Write reacties
04 April, 2013 delete

I haven't read anything by Dawkins yet but my brother loves his books and I think he's reading this one now. I think I might have to give this one a go and I love this feature!
-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
04 April, 2013 delete

Ow curious what he thinks of it. Feel free to join the fun!

Reply
avatar