Wishlist Wednesday: The Falcons of Fire and Ice, Karen Maitland

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

The Falcons of Fire and Ice Karen Maitland cover
1564, Lisbon. The Inquisition displays its power and ruthlessly spreads fear. Heretics are tortured and burned. Any who oppose the Church's will realize that silence is preferable to a slow and agonizing death.
Isabela, daughter of the Falconer at the Royal Court, is about to be caught in the Church's terrifying schemes. The slaughter of two of the King's precious white falcons sees her father arrested and imprisoned. As punishment, he and his family will be killed unless the birds are replaced.
Isabela, young and headstrong, decides that only she can save her father. These birds are impossibly rare, and she will have to travel far and into strange lands to find them to clear her father's name. It is a journey that will take her into a dark and dangerous world filled with menacing people driven by fearful beliefs.
And, unfortunately for Isabela, the Church has sent a companion to ensure she never returns ...

Helllooooooo pretty cover. I think I like you. And the synopsis is pretty interesting too. Falconer, Royal Court, schemes.... yes this is a book for me for sure. And just look at that pretty cover.
Previous
Next Post »

8 reacties

Write reacties
10 April, 2013 delete

I haven't heard of this one before, but hope you get it. And I love the cover as well!

Janina
My WW!

Reply
avatar
Ingrid
AUTHOR
10 April, 2013 delete

First impression : gorgeous cover and I am nearly hooked. First words "Lisbon 1564" and I know I will have to read this one. I hope you'll get to read it soon. From the look of it, this will be moving to the very top of my wishlist too.

My WW

Ingrid @ Le Chat de Bibliothèque

Reply
avatar
Ula
AUTHOR
10 April, 2013 delete

Amazing pick! I'd love to get my hands on this one as well, looks absolutely great!

Hope you get it soon!
My WW

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
10 April, 2013 delete

I have not heard of this one. It sounds really good though. I'm going to have to add it to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! I hope you get it soon.
Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-42.html

Reply
avatar
Elisa
AUTHOR
10 April, 2013 delete

I've never seen this anywhere. Sounds really great and intriguing!
I think I need to add this to my TBR list as well =)
Great pick! I hope you'll get it soon ;)

My WW : http://ellegoesnerd.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-26.html

Reply
avatar
10 April, 2013 delete

Fascinating topic! The two other novels I've read set during the Inquisition were intense but so worthwhile. I'll have to check this one out as well!

Lisa
My WW

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
10 April, 2013 delete

Never heard of this one but love the cover as well! Hope you get a chance to read it!

Here's my WW!

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
10 April, 2013 delete

You're right it is a pretty cover! Great choice this week again :) I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for stopping by earlier
Shushkat

Reply
avatar