Top Ten Tuesday on the Beach

top ten tuesday button
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week the girls from the Broke and
Bookish come up with a subject and I will try to find 10 results combined with that weeks topic.

This weeks topic is about books and the beach. I usually go to the beach when it is like stormy and cold. I hate getting stuck in traffic jams trying to get to a beach which is so busy that your toes are picking the nose of the person behind you while a kid drops his ice cream on your back.
But I love books that have a beach as a character in them. Especially books set in England with the nice cliffs that are always a danger or secluded islands where people always end up fighting on the beach. 

Rebecca
The Violets of March
Het zevende kind
Heartstone  
The Light Between Oceans
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Deception on His Mind
A Place of Hiding
Apologize, Apologize
The First Rule of Swimming


rebecca daphne du maurier cover the violets of march sarah jio cover het zevende kind erik valeur cover

heartstone C.J. sansom cover The light between oceans M.L Stedman cover The guernsey literary and potatoe peel pie society cover

in de ban van bedrog elizabeth george cover apologize apologize cover the irts rule of swimming cover



Previous
Next Post »

7 reacties

Write reacties
11 June, 2013 delete

Great list, Ciska! Have you read The First Rule of Swimming? I loved that book.

Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier.

Happy reading.

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
11 June, 2013 delete

Yes I loved The First Rule of Swimming :)

Reply
avatar
Ula
AUTHOR
11 June, 2013 delete

I will start Rebecca soon, I heard so many positive things about the novel.

My TTT

Reply
avatar
11 June, 2013 delete

Great list! I loved many of the books on your list (Rebecca, Guernsey Literary..., The First Rule of Swimming) and I hope to read The Violets of March (loved Jio`s latest book, The Last Camellia) and The Light Between Oceans at some point :)

My TTT

Reply
avatar
11 June, 2013 delete

Forgot to mention this but awesome that you`re reading Arnold`s The Book of Secrets; I have that sitting on queue on NetGalley atm, I hope to get around to it soon...

Reply
avatar
12 June, 2013 delete

I love your description of beaches! Haha. This is why I kind of scoff when people get all, "But you're so lucky to live that close to the sea!" Give me a nice quiet park any day. :)

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
13 June, 2013 delete

I love Rebecca by Du Maurier, I've said it before, but its one of my favourites! I liked First Rule of Swimming too :)

Reply
avatar