Top Ten Tuesday: Books I want to rediscover

top10 buttonTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week the girls from the Broke and
Bookish come up with a subject and I will try to find 10 results combined with that weeks topic.

This week topic, stand-alone books that I'd wish had a sequel. Actually I do not like that thing that is going on when you finish a book and it has a proper end and it all of a sudden starts into a series. That is not ok. If a book has an ending it is fine by me. So I did a turn on this weeks topic. I made a top ten of books that I wish I could relive for the first time again. The books I loved and read again and again but eventually you know what will happen and the biggest surprises are gone. With these books I wish I could read them fresh again.

1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
2. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
5. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
6. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
8. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
9. All of the Harry Potters by J.K. Rowling
10.IT by Stephen King (Though I would probably sign for just forgetting but knowing I will end up being curious about it again and again)

So what book do you want to experience again for the first time?
Previous
Next Post »

8 reacties

Write reacties
06 August, 2013 delete

There are books we love so much that we hate to leave them, I think. These are some wonderful choices.

Here's my TT post: I Poohpooh Sequels.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
06 August, 2013 delete

Great choices. I agree a Rebecca sequel would be interesting!

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
06 August, 2013 delete

I'm going to reread Rebecca for the classics club. I've already read Shadow twice :)

Let me know once you going to reread the Harry Potters'. I haven't read it yet and I have all the books, so maybe we can do it together?

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
06 August, 2013 delete

Great minds think alike :) I've also got Rebecca and The Night Circus in my list and I cannot believe I forgot The Book Thief! I might change my list to add the Book Thief.

My TTT

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
06 August, 2013 delete

Great list! I'd love sequels of Book Thief and of course HP!

TTT @ Eveline's Books

Reply
avatar
Jillyn
AUTHOR
07 August, 2013 delete

Harry Potter made my list too. The Historian and The Night Circus are both on my shelf, but I haven't read them yet.

My TTT.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
09 August, 2013 delete

The Name of the Wind has a sequel already! I LOVE THAT SERIES! We have SO many books in common - I love it :) And yes, HP needs MORE!

Reply
avatar
Isi
AUTHOR
16 August, 2013 delete

My choice would be The princess bride. I enjoyed it a lot the first time and I would like to discover it again and again!!

Reply
avatar