Wishlist Wednesday: The Firebird, Susanna Kearsley

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper.As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

The Firebird, Susanna KearsleyNicola Marter was born with a gift: when she touches an object, she sometimes glimpses those who have owned it before. When the gallery she works in receives a wooden carving she can see the object’s history and knows that it was named after the Firebird, the mythical bird that inspires an old Russian fairytale and was once owned by Russia’s famed Empress Catherine.
Nicola’s investigation into the Firebird’s origin draws her into the 1715 world of Anna Logan and leads her on a quest through Scotland, France and Russia, unearthing a tale of love and sacrifice, of courage and redemption

I just finished reading The Winter Sea which is another instalment in the Slains series and loved it. I also read The Rose Garden by this author and I loved that one too. Now I want to have and read all her books.
Previous
Next Post »

4 reacties

Write reacties
Melinda
AUTHOR
25 September, 2013 delete

Ah, this has got something to do with you reading The Winter Sea, hey? :)

Reply
avatar
25 September, 2013 delete

Ciska, I love Susanna Kearsley's books! I bought a copy of The Firebird when it came out in June (in the US), but unfortunately haven't had a chance to read it yet. Have you read The Shadowy Horses yet? I think you need to read that one as background before The Firebird, from what I've heard. (I also loved The Rose Garden and Mariana!)

Lisa
My Wednesday Post

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
26 September, 2013 delete

I have never heard of this one before. I hope you get it soon!
My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/wishlist-wednesday-65.html
Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog

Reply
avatar
Isi
AUTHOR
26 September, 2013 delete

Ohh I see this is an author to take into account when it comes to choose a new book to read!!
I love the covers of her books.
Mel and I are going to read The winter sea :))

Reply
avatar