Wishlist Wednesday: The Little Shadows by Marina Endicott

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

The Little Shadows, Marina Endicott
Three sisters make their way in the world of vaudeville before and during the First World War. Setting off to make their fortune as a singing act after the untimely death of their father, the girls, Aurora, Clover and Bella, are overseen by their fond but barely coping Mama.
The girls begin with little besides youth and hope but evolve into artists as they navigate their way to adulthood among a cast of extraordinary characters - charming charlatans, unpredictable eccentrics, and some who seem ordinary but have magical gifts.

The reviews on this book are either on the very good or the awfully bad side. I love the cover and the synopsis sounds interesting. I am curious enough that I would love to give this a try.
Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
Unknown
AUTHOR
03 April, 2014 delete

I have a copy of this book. It's unread which means i wouldn't lend it to anyone. Not to ANYone, but maybe to you...

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
03 April, 2014 delete

Oh no, I'm not who it says there. Well, i am, but in this context im Leeswammes, of course!

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
03 April, 2014 delete

This made me laugh ;) I am patient still have a lot of books ready to read :)

Reply
avatar