Hollow City, Ransom Riggs

Hollow City, Ransom Riggs
This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine's island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.


I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on my e-reader and one of the most important things I noticed was that the pictures did not work that well on an e-reader. When I walked into Hollow City in the bookstore I decided to get myself a paper copy this time and this really worked great!! I loved the pictures in the first book already and the ones in Hollow City are great extra's for the story too.
Hollow City is one big adventure. Searching for Miss Peregrine Jacob and the Peculiar children have to travel trough England while WWII is going around. Having problems connecting to the characters in the first book it was easier to connect to them in this one. The children run into a lot of realistic problems that return in any book about the war making it easier to connect to them despite their unnatural characteristics. I really enjoyed Olive and Horace in this book. Though pictured as the youngest and weakest of the peculiar children they still stand up for themselves and have their own opinion.

Hollow City
Author: Ransom Riggs
Publisher: Quirk Books
Pages: 396
Format: Paperback
ISBN-10: 1594747172
ISBN-13: 9781594747175
Series: Miss Peregrine's Children #2
Quirk Books: various formats
Hollow City
3 stars

Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
Jen G.
AUTHOR
21 February, 2015 delete

Oh man, yea you need the pictures for this book!

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
23 February, 2015 delete

I've read Miss Peregrines quite a while back and I've been putting off buying this one, but I do need to get myself a copy of it. Really enjoyed the first one, I'm sure I'll like this one even more. You say WWII? :)

Reply
avatar
27 February, 2015 delete

I LOVE this series and am so excited there’s going to be a third!

Reply
avatar