The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, Claire North

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, Claire North
No matter what he does or the decisions he makes, every time Harry dies, he always returns to where he began, a child with all the knowledge of a life lived a dozen times before.
Nothing ever changes - until now.
As Harry nears the end of his eleventh life, a little girl appears at his bedside. 'I nearly missed you, Doctor August,'she says. 'I need to send a message.'
This is the story of what Harry does next, and what he did before, and how he tries to save a past he cannot change and a future he cannot allow.


It is going to be difficult to write this review without giving to much away. I saw a few reviews of this book and though I did not really enjoy other 'living their lives over and over again' books in particular I was curious about this one. The good thing is that the repeat button is not working. You do not get the same story over and over again. Sometimes when an important decision was made in life one and made different in life four with a purpose it got mentioned but I do not know the exact choices Harry made for every life for every situation. This worked really well for the speed of the story.
Harry is easy to like. Though you can disagree with his decisions it is explained why he makes them. I would not have minded if Harry would have been a strong personality but he is consistent in his flaws and weaknesses making him real. In the end he is still fighting for the good.

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
Author: Claire North
Publisher: Orbit
Pages: 405
Format: Paperback
ISBN-13: 9780356502588
Orbit: various
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
5 stars

Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
Anonymous
AUTHOR
15 March, 2015 delete

Ooh, 5 stars! That sounds good. I must dust off my unread copy!

Reply
avatar
Katie McD
AUTHOR
15 March, 2015 delete

I've heard nothing but amazing things about this! Am hoping to be able to check it out in audio format soon!
https://bookishtendencieskatie.wordpress.com/

Reply
avatar
Jen G.
AUTHOR
16 March, 2015 delete

I'm so glad you liked it. I loved this book! I like the reborn premise in a book and I think this was the most well done I've read so far.

Reply
avatar